Organizing jewelry doesn’t have to be painful. All jewelry lovers know what it’s like trying to pick out earrings and realize that somehow you’ve lost one out of every pair. Or when you see that somehow you’ve got about twenty backings but no actual earrings. Let’s not even talk about untangling necklaces- I can feel my blood pressure rising.
We’ve all been there. But they say prevention is the best medicine- so here are some super easy and cute ways to organize your jewelry before they all become lost in the abyss.
- The Hanger: Just screw some hooks into the bottom of a wooden clothes hanger and you’re done. You can hang earrings, necklaces or bracelets from the hooks. The wooden hangers look rustic hanging from a wall or can be hidden away in closets.
- The Ribbon: Stud earrings can be pinned to ribbon. This helps ensure they don’t get lost and stay in pairs! The ribbon with the studs can be placed in a jewelry box, drawer, or even tied to hooks on a wall or cabinet.
- The Corkboard: Earrings can be put on a corkboard like pins. These boards are functional and can also look really cool when you get creative with the way you arrange you earrings, like in terms of color or geometrical shape.
- Buttons: Just put your earrings through the buttonholes and store in your jewelry box.
- Chicken Wire: Cut out some chicken wire, staple it to the backside of a picture frame, and hang the earrings from there. You can even paint the frames and space them on the wall – it’s a very aesthetic option.
- Embroidery Hoop: Earrings can be hung on lace in an embroidery hoop. The hoop can be put on walls for a vintage feel or placed in drawers.
- Plastic Bags: Online you can find long rectangular plastic necklace bags. The key here is to fasten the clasp of the necklace inside the zip lock part- this will insure the necklace does not tangle. This is also a great way to protect the metal from oxidizing when you are not wearing it. I recommend traveling with your jewelry in these bags, you can roll them up and place in a pouch with no worries of a tangle catastrophe. You can hole punch the bag and hang it on your corkboard or hanger.
Jewelry organizing doesn’t have to be painful and it can be as crafty or as simple as you want! But jewelry itself is a beautiful and valuable thing, and organizing it can really help to ensure its longevity and significance in your life.